So this weeks post is in honour of Fathers Day. Make these then cut up, package prettily and give as part of his gift. Also makes a great pudding following lunch when served warm with custard.
Pineapple Upside Down Flapjacks
200g golden syrup
250g light brown sugar
1 pineapple, cored and sliced into 6-7 rings, save all the juice
14 glace cherries
1. Heat oven 180C. Line a 20 x 30cm traybake tin.
2. Melt together the syrup, butter and sugar. Stir in the pineapple juice.
3. Place 6 rings of pineapple into the bottom of the lines tray. Fill the gaps with cherries.
4. Chop any remaining pineapple and stir into the melted mixture.
5. Mix into the oats. Press this on top of the pineapple rings. Damp your hands and press down firmly.
6. Bake 30- 40minuts until firm to the touch and lightly golden. Cool then turn out of the tin and slice.